Japan Coronavirus Situation: Travel restriction / big sports event soon!
- Situation in Japan -
Jun 3, 2021
We are writing to update you with our current situation. Please check the following and let us know if we could be of any help!
- Currently, all foreign nationals are not allowed to visit Japan for tourism purposes.
- Since March 19, 2021, all visitors to Japan (including Japanese nationals) must submit a certificate of negative test result within 72 hours prior to departure. If you do not have it before departure, you will be denied boarding the flight.
- In addition to the above, all visitors will continue to be subject to take the PCR test at the time of entry, wait at a designated location, and not to use public transportation within Japan for 14 days.
- Re-entries are not allowed from countries/regions with the high concern of the confirmed coronavirus variant (B.1.617). People from those countries will be requested to stay at the facility designated by the chief of the quarantine station and to take the PCR tests. For more details, please check the latest Border enforcement measures by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
For more information, please visit the following websites:
- The government has extended the state of emergency until June 20 for 10 prefectures, including Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hokkaido, and Okinawa. Restaurants are asked to close before 8 pm and to stop serving alcohol when they are open (The Japan Times).
- The government has announced plans to finish the vaccination of people over 65 years old by the end of July. Afterward, people who are with underlying health conditions and others will be vaccinated in order. The large-scale vaccination centers by the Self-Defense Forces have been opened on March 24, more vaccinations are underway in Tokyo and Osaka (NHK WORLD). Also, Japan has approved the vaccines by Moderna and AstraZeneca on May 21 (The Japan Times).
- Regarding the sports events, the officials have decided not to allow spectators from overseas. The Australian softball team has arrived in Japan for the training camp (Kyodo news).
- We are trying to prepare tours and services for 2022, earlier than usual considering that everyone needs to reschedule their trips to Japan since last year. We are happy to talk with you about our services next year. Please feel free to reply to this email anytime.
- Most of our major suppliers have extended the suspension of their SIC tours until the end of September 2021 for the moment. This includes popular tours and activities in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Mt. Fuji. We will contact you by checking your bookings!
- We are preparing to welcome athletes for a big sports event coming this summer. Please let us know if you need any help for the big sports event!