Japan Rail Pass
Japan Rail Pass
JAPAN RAIL PASS | HOKKAIDO RAIL PASS | ALPINE-TAKAYAMA-MATSUMOTO AREA TOURIS PASS | MT. FUJI-SHIZUOKA AREA TOURIS PASS | TAKAYAMA-HOKURIKU AREA TOURIST PASS | ISE-KUMANO-WAKAYAMA AREA TOURIS PASS | JR-WEST RAIL PASS | ALL SHIKOKU RAIL PASS | JR-KYUSHU RAIL PASS | OSAKA-TOKYO HOKURIKU ARCH PASS | JR EAST - SOUTH HOKKAIDO RAIL PASS
The Japan Rail Pass allows unlimited travel on the entire nationwide Japan Railway (JR) network, including the Shinkansen (bullet train), JR ferries, and JR buses.
Hokkaido has become easier to reach by train from Tokyo. A new bullet train service linking Morioka and Hachinohe on the JR Tohoku Shinkansen Line was launched on Dec. 1st, 2002. The new "Hayate" train departs from 7:30am, with 20 trains daily. It takes 2 hours 56 minutes from Tokyo to Hachinohe, and a further 3 hours by limited express train will get you to Hakodate.
With the Japan Rail Pass, you can board "Hayate" without any surcharge. It is now more convenient than ever to visit Hokkaido by train.
There are two (2) kinds of Japan Rail Passes: Green and Ordinary. The Japan Rail Pass Green is valid in the superior class green cars without additional charges. 7-days, 14-days and 21-days passes are available at the following prices:
JAPAN RAIL PASS
Pass prices for children apply from 6 y.o. up to and including 11 y.o.
Prices are subject to change.
The Japan Rail Pass is available to:
- Tourists visiting Japan from abroad under "temporary visitor" entry status.
- Japanese nationals living in a foreign country,
a) as a permanent resident of that country, or
b) who is married to a citizen of that country.
How to apply for a Japan Rail Pass:
- Purchase an exchange order with an authorized agent BEFORE coming to Japan.
(Japan Rail Pass cannot be purchased in Japan).
- After arrival in Japan, go to the JR Information and Ticket Office at Narita Airport, or to one of the JR Travel Service Centers, such as Tokyo Station. Exchange your exchange order for your Japan Rail Pass; when you fill out the pass application form, specify the first date on which you want to use the pass. Show your passport at the time of exchange.
- The exchange order must be exchanged within three (3) months of the date of issue.
Conditions and Information:
- A Japan Rail Pass is strictly personal and not transferable.
- Always carry your passport and show it if requested.
- Begin your travel within three (3) months of the date on issue of the exchange order.
- The pass is valid for unlimited travel on the Shinkansen ("Kodama" and "Hikari" trains, not "Nozomi" trains), limited express, ordinary express and local trains on all JR lines. It is valid on local lines of JR bus companies (JR Bus Tohoku, JR Bus Kanto, JR Tokai Bus, West Japan JR Bus Company and Chugoku JR Bus Company) and bus divisions of the JR Hokkaido, JR Shikoku and JR Kyushu, and also on some of the JR highway bus lines on the express highways, as follows:
Morioka, Hirosaki and AomoriThe pass is also valid for basic fares on the JR ferry between Miyajima and Miyajimaguchi.
Tokyo to Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka and Tuskuba Center
Nagoya to Kyoto and Osaka
Osaka to Ochiai Interchange and Fukuchiyama
- Seat reservations may be made in advance without additional payment; seat availability cannot be guaranteed otherwise. For reservations, you should apply to any Travel Service Center or the *Midori no madoguchi* (Green window) at a JR station.
- If you hold a Japan Rail Pass Ordinary and you want to use a berth or green car seat, you must pay the regular berth or green car charge and the associated limited or ordinary express charge.
- If you hold a Japan Rail Pass Green and you want to use a berth on a sleeping car train or private compartments on the Shinkansen or limited express "Superview Odoriko", you must pay the regular berth charge of the Green Private Compartment charge and the associated Shinkansen, limited express or ordinary express charge.
- The pass cannot be reissued if lost or stolen.
- The pass is refundable only if presented for cancellation at a Travel Service Center in a JR station designated to handle Japan Rail Passes BEFORE the stamped first day of use. Ten (10) percent of the yen price of the pass will be collected as a handling fee. No refund can be made on or after the stamped first day for any reason whatsoever.
HOKKAIDO RAIL PASS
ALPINE-TAKAYAMA-MATSUMOTO AREA TOURIS PASS
MT. FUJI-SHIZUOKA AREA TOURIS PASS
TAKAYAMA-HOKURIKU AREA TOURIST PASS
ISE-KUMANO-WAKAYAMA AREA TOURIS PASS
JR-WEST RAIL PASS
|1) Kansai Area Pass|
|2) Kansai Wide Area Pass|
|3) Sanyo San'in Area Pass|
|4) Kansai-Hiroshima Area Pass|
|5) Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass|
|6) Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass|
|7) Hokuriku Area Pass|
|8) San'in&Okayama Area Pass|
|9) Setouchi Area Pass|
|10) Okayama-Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass|
ALL SHIKOKU RAIL PASS
JR-KYUSHU RAIL PASS
|1) North Kyushu Area|
|2) All Kyushu Area|
|3) South Kyushu Area|
OSAKA-TOKYO HOKURIKU ARCH PASS
JR EAST - SOUTH HOKKAIDO RAIL PASS